Niños de Guatemala is a nonprofit organization that provides quality eduion to over 500 children from lowincome families across our three schools in Guatemala.
· 10 Facts About Gangs in Guatemala. Guatemala is a Central American country, home to volcanoes, rainforests and gang violence. Guatemala is ranked as one of the most violent countries in the world, sitting alongside Honduras and El Salvador. These three countries have been named the Northern Triangle, known specifically for their gang violence.
· Jade from Guatemala is a rare gem material that comes in many different colors. While prevalent in ancient Mesoamerican cultures, the currently mined material was rediscovered less than 50 years ago.
· Climate and Average Weather in Guatemala. Guatemala has four types of climate. It is a country on the American continent that is both attached to two oceans. The western side borders the Pacific Ocean while the eastern regions of Guatemala lies next to the Gulf of Honduras. The central part of the country consists mainly of plateaus and mountains.
Independent Guatemala was recognized on April 5, 1844 by the issuance of an exequatur to a Guatemalan ConsulGeneral Antonío de Aycinena. Diplomatic relations were established on August 4, 1824, when President James Monroe received Antonio José Cañaz as Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary on August 4, 1824.
The benchmark interest rate in Guatemala was last recorded at percent. Interest Rate in Guatemala averaged percent from 2005 until 2021, reaching an all time high of percent in July of 2008 and a record low of percent in June of 2020. This page provides the latest reported value for Guatemala Interest Rate plus previous releases, historical high and low, .
With offices in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua, and regular sailings from different Central America ports, we offer inland service coverage and a regular connection to our vast ocean fleet. From here, the rest of the world is just a short hop away.
Guatemala is the most populous country in Central America, and its people are proud of their shared Mayan heritage. The country is diverse, with over 24 languages spoken. Unfortunately, food insecurity and malnutrition are widespread in Guatemala, and 59% .
· The Fundación de Antropología Forense de Guatemala (FAFG) has collected more than 500 video interviews from Guatemalan survivors and witnesses in Guatemala. All conducted in Spanish or K'iche', the testimonies are being preserved and indexed by USC Shoah Foundation, which began adding them to the Visual History Archive in 2016.
Guatemala is globally attractive as a tourist destination. However, not everyone considers the fact that you can find the perfect wife here. So if you have long dreamed of creating a strong family, then you simply need to learn as much as possible about Guatemalan s.
65% of people in Guatemala live in poverty not just economic, but physical, spiritual and mental. Over thirty years of serving the poor, we've identified eight forms of poverty that reinforce each other that keep the poor excluded, manipulated and unable to build their own opportunities.
· Guatemala has the fourthhighest rate of malnutrition, and although the Guatemalan constitution guarantees healthcare, many fail to access the care that they need. Here are five facts about healthcare in Guatemala. 5 Facts About Healthcare in Guatemala. The Guatemalan government spends very little money on healthcare.
Efraín Ríos Montt was a Guatemalan politician and military officer. From 1982 to 1983, he served as the 26th president of Guatemala. His brief tenure as the de facto president was one of the bloodiest periods during the thenongoing Guatemalan Civil War. In 2013, he was sentenced to 80 years in prison for crimes against humanity and genocide.
Extensive resource of Guatemalan newspapers for information on local issues, politics, events, celebrations, people and business in Guatemala, Central America. And looking for holiday information and ideas, as well as accommodation, shopping, bargains and weather then Guatemalan newspapers are the place to start. Growing daily.
· Americas In Guatemala, women fear for their lives. At least 160 women have been killed in the first four months of 2021 in Guatemala — more than one per day.
· A woman lights candles in Guatemala City in honor of the people who have died from coronavirus. Photograph: Sandra Sebastian/Reuters. Only % of the population is fully vaccinated and confirmed ...
· News. The mid2020 population of Guatemala is projected as million with an annual population growth of %.The projection assumes an undernumeration of % for the 2018 census.. . According to the results of the 2018 census, the total population of Guatemala is urban population is million (=%).The census results .
· The testimony was explosive: In June, a witness told Guatemala's top anticorruption prosecutor that he had gone to the president's home and delivered a .
· Guatemala's LGBTQ+ community is in mourning after two transgender women and a gay man were murdered in less than a week during pride month. Andrea González, a prominent activist and leader in ...
· GUATEMALA CITY, Aug 30 (Reuters) A Guatemalan judge on Monday ordered two highranking exgenerals to stand trial on genocide charges from four decades ago, as the Central American country ...
CASA Museo Iinternacional de Movimientos Artísticos (Casa ) Guatemala City. Guatemala Department. 19th century life. Centro de Visitantes y Museo de Sitio de Iximche. Tecpán Guatemala. Chimaltenango Department. Maya civilization. Centro de Visitantes y Museo de Sitio de K'umarcaaj.
Current local time in Guatemala – Guatemala City. Get Guatemala City's weather and area codes, time zone and DST. Explore Guatemala City's sunrise and .